Project Manager, AppleCare and Finished Goods
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
This is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. At Apple, we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have imagined, and now can't imagine living without. Every day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do? If you love working with like-minded people in a fast paced environment, join our Asia Pacific Logistics PMO team as a Project Manager. You will work closely with different teams, for example, our Business Process Re-engineering and Information System & Technology to support the logistics function in projects. You will also provide support to the functions of AppleCare and Finished Goods DCs, Inbound and Outbound freight, AppleCare Repair Centres with various Repair Strategies, Field Service Repair and various Compliance requirements in collaboration with 3PL Logistics Partners through system improvements and process alignment.
- More than 5 years of experience in business analysis and project management
- At least 3 years of working experience in a driving seat leading 3PLs or working in a 3PL (Freight Forwarding/Contract Logistics)
- Service parts management and experience with IT systems (SAP, WMS, TMS, EDI, etc capabilities) implementation experience
- Project Management certification (PMP) preferred as well as service and support experience in consumer electronics industry and APAC region.
- Knowledge of CRM (e.g. Peoplesoft) and ERP (e.g. SAP) systems deployed in the consumer electronics industry (desired)
- Demonstrated experience/track record in project management, including management of scope, time and schedule, with balance of quality and risk management
- Excellent leadership skills that influence decisions and facilitate change management through active collaboration with all levels across both the Business & Technical communities
- Excellent social and communications skills at all levels of business communication. Facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution skills, and demonstrated success at establishing teams and relationships with key people in local and remote sites.
- Driven and motivated with a strong sense of urgency, focus on outcomes and works toward success.
- Extraordinary organisational and documentation skills. Proficient knowledge of the systems development lifecycle. Experience in facilitating workshops and brainstorming sessions to gather requirements.
- Virtual teaming, and ability to work with multi-disciplinary business groups.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and basic project planning tools.
- Dynamic, Creative thinker with a practical approach to problem solving a process improvement
- Positive energy and attitude with a thirst for personal growth
- You may travel 30-40% of the time
In the Logistics Project Management Office, we are the architect and builder of logistics solutions to enable our operations teams to run an effective and efficient supply chain! We are looking for highly motivated individual whose DNA is to innovate down to the details and has the natural flair to navigate around ambiguity. You should be confident in taking charge and leading hard calls to pivot the project in the right direction, working within the project constraints. WE LOOK TO OUR PM TO BE ABLE TO: - Lead, plan, prioritise and organise project activities. Develop business project plans/schedules while balancing business needs and expectations. - Take charge in gathering, prioritising and validating business requirements through interviews, workshops, working sessions (e.g. brainstorming sessions) with logistics partners. - Possess an intrinsic mind in project solutioning that helps drives a standardised yet scalable solution which avoids exceptions and manual processes. - Responsible for driving User Acceptance Test (UAT) deliverables within the logistics function, including writing the logistics test scripts and executing some test steps depending on business resource availability. - Possesses the soft skills and analytical mind in managing between the cross functional teams and operations function to ensure logistics requirements and objectives are met alongside the broader organisation benefits - Manage across internal and external partners’s expectations especially with competing project constraints. A key challenge being balancing bandwidth / availability of project SMEs with their functional work - Ability to identify and manage project risks throughout the life of a project. - Communicate to management and partners to provide clarity in project scope, timelines, risk, benefits across the project life cycle on a regular basis. - Drive vendors effectively to achieve project deliverables and ensure project is delivered on schedule. - Have a keen eye for details and auditing flair to do post-implementation audits to include expected versus actual improvements to the overall supply chain as a result of the implementation of the project. - Champion business change management, ensuring the business is prepared for the change. Work or liaise effectively with business representatives.
Education & Experience
Bachelor degree, preferably in Business or Systems and Industrial Engineering or other related degrees.