Legal Entity Accountant (6 months contract)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Team up with Apple, the most influential technology leaders in the industry. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact on a company that is known for its impressive lineup of products, including iPhone, iPad, Mac, iPod and iTunes. At Apple, you can share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with world-class managers, all with one unified vision, to create innovative products that delight our customers. Finance is about supporting that innovative culture, accomplished by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, commitment to excellence, and proactive thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today. Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) organization operates four shared service centers around the world today. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Legal Entity Accountant to join our Record-to-Report (R2R) track within APAC GBS. R2R track’s areas of focus include Intercompany & Supply Chain Accounting, Fixed Assets & Treasury Accounting, Revenue Accounting, GL close, Local GAAP reporting and Local tax compliance. This role will report to the Finance Manager.
- At least 6 years of related commercial experience, preferably in a fast-paced MNC environment
- Experience in IFRS and tax filings is an absolute must to support the division
- US GAAP and IFRS experience preferred
- Knowledge of SAP, Excel and Keynote. Experience in Business Intelligent Tools: Business Objects, Advanced Excel (VBA, Macro), Tableau will be an advantage
- Meticulous with strong problem-solving skills. The ability to recognize issues within processes and organizations, while considering functional interdependencies
- Strong teammate with ability to handle across multiple geographies and cultures
- Possess a passion for business process excellence
- Mature, responsible, driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Customer-oriented with excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Takes accountability and demonstrates dedication towards achieving outcomes
We are searching for an Accountant based in Singapore. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will play an integral part to manage the close activities for APAC entity in ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting for Apple policy, U.S. GAAP and local filing compliance. In addition, you will be responsible for the monthly and quarterly internal and corporate reporting. This includes managing the quarterly global and regional metrics governance reporting. You will drive resolution of any governance issues, close action items following agreed resolution and collate information for ad hoc R2R information requests. You will drive process and efficiency improvements through innovation. You will also be working with the team to establish and implement consistent and effective processes across the Asia Pacific entities. Being part of an organization that promotes excellence, you will ensure robustness of the processes and internal controls as well as taking personal leadership to develop and drive a strong control environment to maintain the highest standard of statutory controls and compliance. You will be committed to partner with corporate and regional and local teams to meet results that are aligned with key performance measurements and service level agreements defined with key partners. Additionally, you will play an active role in ensuring completion and successful implementation of ad hoc projects, making recommendations as necessary to support business operations and expansion.
Education & Experience
Degree in Accountancy/Finance or equivalent
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.