Machine Learning/Computer Vision Engineering & Research Internship
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, Hong Kong
Machine Learning and AI
Apple is seeking highly qualified people for the position of Computer Vision Engineer and Researcher. The team pursues research & development in the areas of machine learning (ML) with particular focus on computer vision (CV). As a member of the team, you will work on some of the most ambitious technical problems, develop new ML solutions that will impact future Apple products, and collaborate with the best product teams to integrate your ideas into products. In addition, you will engage with the academic community by publishing your innovative research, and speaking at conferences and events.
- In-depth expertise in computer vision (CV)
- Expertise in one or more of the below fields
- Augmented Reality and Computer Vision, including but not limited to 3D semantic scene understanding, SLAM and Relocalization, Neural Network Architectures for 3D, Computational Photography and Videography, Visual Representative Learning, Active Sensing, Pattern Recognition, Computer Graphics
- Excellent programming skills in Python, C/C++, CUDA or other GPGPU is a plus
- Familiar with Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Strong publication record demonstrating innovative research is a plus
- Good presentation skills
- Passionate about building extraordinary products
- Expected to perform well in a fast-paced environment, to execute on the tasks assigned, to meet the production deadlines and, at the same time, to explore independently new innovative ideas that can improve and transform the product experience of Apple customers
- Be able to deliver ML technologies aligned with the core values of Apple, ensuring the highest standards of quality, scientific rigor, innovation, and respect for user privacy
- Creative, collaborative, & product focused
You will research and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple products. You will collaborate with broader teams across Apple to transfer AI/ML solutions. You will have opportunities to provide technical mentorship and guidance and prepare technical reports for publication and conference talks. You are self-motivated, excellent problem solver, a go-getter. You are quick to build relationships and work well with change and ambiguity. You have strong programming skills with tried experience crafting, prototyping, and delivering advanced algorithmic solutions.
Education & Experience
Currently pursuing a PhD in Machine Learning, AI, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.