Field Design Engineer
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, Hong Kong
The Field Design Engineering team is looking for a motivated, highly technical Field Engineer with experience in mobile communication systems, NFC technology and mobile payment systems. Come and join us! You will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch HW systems in both field and the Lab.
- Solid understanding with practical experience in wireless technologies (UMTS/LTE/5G) and NFC
- Live network test experience with the ability to identify specific test scenarios
- Knowledge of NFC standards (NFC Forum, Felica, EMVco), Secure Element and Mobile Payment systems
- In depth knowledge & expertise in system test plan creation and execution for any given wireless technology.
- Professional communication skills tailored to situation and audience
- Good interpersonal and proven written/verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and should be proactive
- Demonstrate the ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product
- Proficient in English
- Able to Travel Locally and Internationally
Field Engineer will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch HW systems in both field and the Lab. This includes very early evaluations of our Prototypes and HW Systems on different wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of trace log from the field. It also includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, acoustics, thermals, GPS Validation etc. The successful candidate will be working with several multi-functional teams and perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/SW System issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering
- - Strong problem identification and issue resolution abilities
- - Good analytical skills and judgement to provide highly creative solutions.- Experience with test equipment such as Oscilloscope, Spectrum analyzer, Signal generator, etc is a plus
- - Scripting experience (shell/python/perl/matlab)