Digital Design Engineer
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Will you help us design future generations of revolutionary Apple products? As a Digital Design Engineer on our team, you will be at the center of the digital logic design effort within a chip development group responsible for crafting and productising state-of-the-art Power Management ASICs!
- You have 5+ years of ASIC/VLSI design experience and a track record of developing sophisticated ASIC functions in successful products
- Knowledge of standard methodologies with respect to implementation of digital logic
- Understanding of digital design flow including RTL simulation, CDC, logic synthesis, timing constraints, timing closure, STA, back annotation of parasitics, gate level simulation, equivalence checking
- Are aware of asynchronous design concepts, related rules and restrictions
- Have experience with Digital interface implementations
- Ability to write assembly level code and higher level code
- Comfortable with analysing a design and partition between HW implementation and SW control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with international teams, take ownership and empower self and others
We get involved in all phases of the product development cycle, from concept study, architecture definition, RTL design and verification, to silicon bring-up and characterisation in our Munich team! You will work with Chip Architect and Digital Design teams to understand the top level requirements of our digital functions and develop detailed specifications. Partition the functions between HW and FW for the most efficient implementation Implement the functions in (System)Verilog RTL to specification Perform basic unit level testing of the RTL functions RTL synthesis Equivalence checking Static Timing Analysis Collaborate with the DV team by writing self-checking tests as the need arises Develop FW to support DV and ATE environments
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering required or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.