Product Marketing Manager, Mexico
Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Product Marketing Manager that will join a team of product specialists who champion Apple products in Latin America and seek innovative ways to keep our products at the heart of the customer conversation. In this role you will drive successful product launches, comprehensive business and market analytics, as well as closely working with all marketing functions to develop and lead demand generation initiatives. In addition, you will define and communicate region-unique requirements for future products while developing highly effective working relationships with multiple partners both in Latin America and Cupertino. To be successful, you will need to have a strong passion for Apple products and be an authentic hands-on product evangelist that has the ability to tell engaging product stories. You will need to have a solid understanding of and experience in marketing innovative products as well as strong business management capabilities including the ability to uncover consumer insights that help inform business decisions. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Detailed knowledge of Apple ecosystem and technology industry in Latin America.
- 8+ years of experience in product marketing, preferred but not limited to technology, consumer electronics, hardware, and/or software industries.
- Must have curiosity, passion for excellence, and be able to ask the right questions.
- Instinctive ability to be the voice of the consumer and strong technical fluency with the ability to translate features into consumer benefits.
- Ability to continually prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative, fast paced environment.
- Highly collaborative with exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, with expertise for planning and strategy creation.
- Outstanding product storytelling capabilities as well as presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English & Spanish. Portuguese will be considered a significant addition.
- Flexibility to travel (25-30%) with additional extended international travel up to 3-4 times per year.
Drives regional product launches with excellence in direct collaboration with Worldwide Product Marketing. Provides product leadership from introduction through end-of-life to both the marketing and sales organizations. Briefs local teams on new product features, positioning, and any local feature gaps/availability delays. Acts as liaison between Latin America and WW Product Marketing for local business needs and local market feature requirements. Articulates issues and makes clear recommendations. Collects and proactively shares Latin America market insights including market share, local trends and key business drivers. Defines, develops, and drives outbound marketing initiatives that enhance customer experience and make a meaningful difference to the business. Plays a critical role with respect to the development of the annual marketing & business plans, providing valuable input and outlining opportunities and actions that lead to growth and category leadership. Analyzes weekly and quarterly business performance. Supervises, analyzes, and summarizes key developments in related to market and competitive landscapes. Creates and delivers formal presentations and leads group discussions on products for a broad range of Apple audiences. Be the guardian of product messaging & positioning across every customer touch point, advancing the pursuit for excellence. Provides support to local PR team for press briefings, analyst discussions, and influencers, helping to address technical requests/questions, as required. Gathers local customer, developer, and partner requirements to help inform future product development. Possesses expert knowledge of competitive and 3rd-party products and strategies. Effectively communicates and positions Apple’s product in relation to other products and the competition. Makes pricing and forecasting recommendations to management and cross-functional teams. Closely follows emerging technology, consumer, and societal trends, and makes recommendations for how products will be used or fit into those emerging trends.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required. MS/MA/MBA, preferred, but not required.