Finance WebApp Data Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Apple’s Finance Business Process Reengineering team is seeking a Data Engineer to join our organization. In this role you will help architect, maintain and continually improve data analytics and automation capabilities. Sitting inside a business unit, you must adapt to varied and shifting needs. You will be working with business users, Apple IS&T developers, Web Application developers and data analysts on your team to deliver complete, accurate, well-secured data that enables reporting and analytics across all Finance functions. Comfort with and ability to learn and perform a wide variety of development and engineering tasks combined with knowledge of Finance business processes sets you apart in this role.
- Experience in building backend infrastructure for scalable data processing and analytics
- Strong SQL and Python skills
- Experience tracking and measuring data quality, solid knowledge of database technologies including Snowflake, Teradata, MySQL, MariaDB
- Experience building scalable data pipelines
- Experience with applying data encryption and data security standards
- Preferred experience in tools like Dataiku
- Able to quickly learn new technologies
The Finance Business Process Reengineering (FBPR) organization supports Apple's Finance function worldwide. Finance Data and Technology (FDT) team within the FBPR org enables the Finance organization by providing quality data accessibility, analytics, reporting and automation services. We are looking to expand capabilities in the areas of data privacy, high-performance computing, advanced analytics and general business intelligence. A Finance WebApp Data Engineer is a technical expert and works tightly with WebApp developers, other data engineers and data analysts on the team to create data integrations, ETL, pipelines, transformation and codebase to drive innovative analytics projects from initial experimentation to production level deployment. They work on critical data engineering problems, building bespoke, reliable, accurate, consistent, and architecturally sound solutions that are aligned with business needs. The Finance Data Engineer architects, maintains and continually improves data analytics and automation capabilities. The role requires working cross-functionally with business users, Apple IS&T developers, and data analysts to deliver complete, accurate, well-secured data that enables reporting and analytics. This role is required to learn and perform a wide variety of development and engineering tasks, on top of growing their knowledge of Finance business processes to efficiently identify data applicable business questions. Finance Data Engineers work predominately in Apple’s enterprise data warehouse (EDW), identifying and combining data in an efficient, scalable manner to help answer business questions. When the necessary data is not available on an enterprise system or is generated offline by business users or third parties, the Finance Data Engineer must develop methods to reliably source, validate, and integrate the data into EDW. The Finance Data Engineer must learn and understand a variety of available IS&T solutions, when and how to use them, and when to develop custom solutions. This paired with a proven record of excellent problem solving and a sharp, open mind will be more important than deep expertise in any one area.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field and two years of experience. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and five years of progressive experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.