Trade Compliance Specialist (SG/Korea/Thailand)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Strong knowledge of tariff classification, customs valuation, country of origin rules and other customs and trade disciplines, including one or more of the following areas:
- -Rules of Origin
- -Manufacturing Operations & Bonded Zones Compliance
- -Reverse Logistics Supply Chain Compliance
- -Import Licensing & Certification
- -Korea/Thailand Customs compliance
- Proven ability to efficiently coordinate with customs and other local authorities and experts to successfully resolve legal/regulatory issues.
- Skills in working with internal teams and external partners, including with customs brokers on problem resolving and escalation handling.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), with ability to provide clear and simple guidance to business partners.
- English language is required, fluency in another language used in Asia-Pacific preferred.
Apple is looking for a Trade Compliance Specialist to take on a role to manage trade compliance escalations and broker-related issues in selected markets in Asia-Pacific. The position will be based in Singapore, Seoul or Bangkok. This person will be advising Apple’s business groups on the regulatory aspects of business initiatives and be responsible for assistance in ensuring Apple’s import / export activities are compliant with customs laws and regulations major for their responsible markets. There are also opportunities to support the company in the regional and global implementation of corporate customs and trade initiatives. This position requires interfacing with multiple groups within Apple and government agencies to resolve issues and implement policies and procedures to ensure sustainable compliance in an effective and efficient manner. Additionally, this role will be a key contact point in understanding and disseminating customs and related import requirements and restrictions for successful execution by internal business teams. This will also include management and supervision of customs brokers to ensure compliant clearance operations.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in International Trade, Customs, or International Business. Relevant Master’s degree preferred Minimum 5 years relevant experience required
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.