Next Generation SoC Concept Engineering Program Manager
Cupertino, California, United States
At Apple, we craft the future of technology and make the impossible happen. From iPhones, to Macs, to the all new Apple Vision Pro; it all starts with a vision made possible through Apple Silicon. The groundbreaking A16, M2 Max, M2 Ultra, and R1 SoCs are the result of planning and execution that were many years in the making. Come join us to do your life’s best work in this rare opportunity to help define the next big thing that will surprise and delight the world! We are looking for a versatile Engineering Program Manager who can work comfortably both within and across the SoC and system design spaces. The ideal candidate needs to be able to dig into sophisticated technical topics whilst having the ability to understand the overarching strategic objectives of the projects and the complex tradeoffs involved in technology development. In this Engineering Program Management position, you will be working closely with elite Platform, Systems, and Software architects to bring to life our next generation SoCs for all of Apple’s products. You will take new ideas and drive convergence to an executable plan. This is a phenomenal opportunity to apply your technical expertise and design background, along with effective program management skills, to plan, influence, and drive program execution during the architecture and concept phases of SoC product lifecycle.
- Proven SoC Design/Integration/Validation experience.
- Experience managing end-to-end SoC development life cycle from concept to mass production.
- Validated technical program management, and organizational skills.
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplined engineering environment and a strong multi-tasker.
- Technical breadth to grasp vertical system integration challenges at the intersection of SoC/silicon, system engineering, and software.
- Ability to filter and comprehend large amount of technical data, in order to distill, re-package and present the tradeoffs to the right audience for critical decision making.
- Relevant experience developing strategic and executable SoC and program schedules.
- Can work collaboratively and multi-functionally across diverse teams and audiences.
- Proven experience to lead large multi-functional leadership forums, with a collaboration mentality.
- Able to influence others without authority and build trust with other teams.
In this role, you will drive the day-to-day activities during the SoC definition and architecture phase of SoC development. Typical responsibilities will include: - Initiate and set up project infrastructures; manage program disclosure during definition phase of the program - Coordinate and drive SoC planning meetings and SoC definition reviews, facilitating SoC program definition alignment (identify criteria, dependencies, risks and mitigation plans) between SoC architects, implementation, and validation teams associated with all program definition decisions. - Support key architecture multi-functional review and adoption activities - In partnership with SoC/System/SW organizations, develop program schedules and guide, rally and track cohesive support plans to set in motion and follow through a successful silicon execution. - Identify critical path and dependent activities, and track/coordinate efforts across teams. - Facilitate the way we make decisions with relevant partners, being key individual contributors or executive leadership and drive all open items to closure.
Education & Experience
BS + 10 years of relevant experience.