Generative AI Quality Engineer
Cupertino, California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Are you passionate about delivering the best user experiences at the highest levels of quality? Have you applied Generative AI to tackle sophisticated problems and brought those solutions to production? If you said yes, then join us! We’re a team of senior software engineers who work at the intersection of AI and Quality Engineering, and our goal is to maintain a high bar of quality for every OS release. In this unique opportunity you will make an impact across a wide range of software engineering teams. You will drive the development and implementation of best practices for qualifying end-to-end features powered by machine learning and foundation models. You will also build novel software prototypes, tools, and applications to improving the quality of our operating systems using foundation models.
- Strong programming skills using standard ML tools such as Python, PyTorch, Tensorflow along with Swift, Objective C, or C++.
- Hands-on experience using large foundation models (e.g. LLMs) and associated tool chains (e.g. langchain) and APIs to build applications, tools and workflows for production.
- Experience with methodical approaches to software testing for features powered by machine learning.
- Proficiency with iOS, macOS or other operating systems such as Unix/Linux.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a requirement due to the high level of interaction with other engineers, managers, teams, and organizations within Apple.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills with the capacity to iterate on shared ideas with partner engineers and teams.
We believe that phenomenal user experiences with our products define our success. We are a highly cross-functional and fast-paced team at the center of quality for Apple’s operating systems. We are looking for candidates who share our passion for quality and our excitement about applying AI and machine learning to set a higher standard for test engineering and quality assurance. This role is perfect for you if you enjoy collaborating with others and exploring how groundbreaking technology can be used to solve challenging problems for the betterment of many teams!
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field e.g, mathematics, physics or computer engineering.