Sensing Hardware Development Engineer - Electrical
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk! We design, develop, and launch next-generation Sensor Technologies in Apple products. The Sensor Hardware team develops sensor solutions and technologies for a variety of Apple products such as iPhones, iPads, and Macs. The key goal of the Sensor Technology team is to enable the world’s best user-experience. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of hardworking and experienced individuals. Are you in for these challenges? The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. We are looking for Hardware Development Engineer with strong background in electrical design, characterization, data analysis, and system-level troubleshooting to help develop new optical sensors and sensing systems for future Apple products. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet.
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of electronics, basic optics, and general physics principles.
- Strong electrical engineering background in analog and mixed-signal system-level circuit design, especially board-level circuit
- Good knowledge of inter-module communications protocols (I2C, SPI, etc.)
- Hand on experience in hardware and circuit validation using lab measurement equipment (oscilloscope, analyzers, etc).
- Proficiency in scripting for modelling, automation, data acquisition, and data analysis (Matlab, Python, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Experience with production data statistical analysis and optical sensor systems mass production is a plus
• Identify, implement, and document new optical sensing system metrics and specifications to deliver performance that matter to customer experience. • Build lab bench and measurement automations to support design validation and characterization across all development phases. • Analyze engineering and production data sets to validate system performance and design maturity. • Lead failure analysis of optical modules and system integrations, driving corrective actions with cross-functional teams and suppliers. • Author regular technical communications for executive and cross-functional briefings. • Scope new optical sensing technologies and proof-of-concept investigations. • Business travel to support product development and supplier teams as necessary.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Optics, or Physics. M.S/PhD, or B.S. with proven hardware development experience.