Retail Marketing Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
As the Marketing Manager for Retail Marketing, you will be responsible for taking the global vision and strategy and executing it flawlessly in the region, whilst also building the local regional insights that will help shape and inform the global strategy for program content in the Education and Business segments both in our physical and online stores. Apple is where technology intersects with the humanities. We are building spaces to host experiences that weave Apple into the cultural fabric of our key cities across APAC and the world. This role will also help support and partner with the Today @Apple team in the development of best-in-class events and store programming for educators, teachers, parents, students and entrepreneurs. This role has the ability to lead, think and act strategically, as informed by dynamic business challenges and new opportunities. You will work cross functionally both within Retail and across Apple to help influence and form effective plans to improve business results and keep our consumers in these segments inspired and engaged. You will work independently and as a part of a larger, cross-functional local and global team, and must possess excellent communication skills to be able to effectively interact and influence all levels in the organisation. If you are passionate about Retail, with a strong focus on customer experience, and thrive on working in a fast paced environment, come join us and help change the world.
- Collaborate with a global team
- Quickly develop strong working relationships with cross-functional and corporate partners, field teams to ensure delivery of the best possible experience to Apple customers.
- Leverage data and intuition to identify and articulate local business needs and trends.
- Present your ideas compellingly, to small and large groups.
- Own a project from beginning to end, without needing constant support.
- Understand, follow and improve on complex working processes.
- Complete program impact analyses and work to implement changes to achieve desired project results.
- Identify roadblocks, potential impacts and opportunities for cross-channel collaboration before they emerge.
- Coordinating cross-functionally across Retail teams to develop new business initiatives.
- Maintain an intimate understanding of the Apple Retail brand and overall Apple values. Understand the key role that products, services and training play in supporting its growth.
- Deliver great work on time, and on brief, every time.
- Mature, experienced Marketing Specialist who is solution-oriented, can work autonomously, can sort through complex issues, and formulate thoughtful recommendations.
- Experience in managing and executing successful global marketing programs
- Global thinker who performs well in high-pressure situations in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Excellent project management and organisation skills. Understanding of project management life-cycle and theories. Demonstrated knowledge and use of project management tools.
- Flexibility to handle directional changes and proficient at managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Skilled customer-facing messaging skills, and talent in ensuring customer-facing messaging is on brand, clear, and effective.
- Demonstrated track record of handling complex/multi-faceted projects
- Proven ability to lead and influence in a heavily matrixed organisation and to build relationships across multiple functional areas - Product Marketing, Public Relations, Store Operations, Marketing Communications, Training, Merchandising, Finance, Procurement, and Third Party Vendors
- Strong communication, organisation, and influencing skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Proven leadership skills: able to motivate, lead, develop, and inspire
- Retail and/or B2B experience is preferred (includes both physical retail as well as online)
- Ideally a minimum of 7-10 years marketing experience
- Excellent written and spoken English skills a must, second language a plus
- This position is based in Singapore
You will be responsible for project execution, from concept and strategy to production and delivery, working alongside local cross-functional teams such as Business Owners, Merchandising, Operation, MarCom and more. You must therefore possess a keen strategic mind and strong organisational skills of a project manager. You will represent the voice of your market and consumer when partnering with global teams to roll out world-wide campaigns and launches in Singapore. You are an effective communicator and value interpersonal relationships. You are adept at presenting to all levels and can package complex ideas in such a way that influences or drives ease of decision-making. You have a deep passion and understanding for our brand, our vision, objectives, and the customer experience. You will be on point with trends in retail, marketing, technology, and the world around us.
Education & Experience
Minimum BA in Marketing, Business or related field; MBA a plus
- The ideal candidate also has the following competencies as towering strengths:
- Action orientated, self starter
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the fly
- Cross-Cultural Agility