Indirect Tax Analyst (Perm)
Kyiv, Ukraine Region, Ukraine
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without! If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big! Teamwork is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within your job function. This role is part of our Trade Compliance team which supports Customs and Indirect Tax Compliance within Europe, Middle East, India and Africa. The role is based in our Kyiv Office and will focus on the compliance requirements for Indirect Tax in Ukraine.
- Previous Ukrainian VAT accounting experience essential.
- Fluent English essential.
- Must possess excellent analytical, communication, presentation and organization skills.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to meet tight deadlines is essential.
- This role requires exceptional levels of interrogation and an ability to interpret large volumes of information.
- Systems (Excel, SAP/other ERP, Medoc) and projects experience are important.
- The successful candidate must be motivated, flexible, a self-starter who works well both individually and in teams.
• Responsible for preparation and submission of Indirect Tax declarations to the Ukrainian Tax Authorities within designated deadlines • Responsible for all aspects of VAT accounting for Apple Ukraine, including registration of VAT Invoices and Correctional VAT Invoices, reconciliations between VAT Invoices and primary accounting documents, registration of self-VAT Invoices and all corresponding accounting entries, reconciliations and reporting in Apple Ukraine’s ERP system. • Responsible for the VAT accounting element of the month end close process for Apple Ukraine. • Reconciliation of Indirect Tax general ledger accounts. • Advise on the set-up and continued evolution of Apple’s VAT accounting systems as it pertains to Ukrainian VAT compliance. • Manage balances held with Ukrainian Tax Authority to ensure sufficient funds are available to register VAT Invoices. Make any necessary VAT payments. • Dealing with Ukrainian Tax Authorities on queries related to both VAT and Customs Compliance. • Acting as a liaison between our Ukrainian Customs brokers and Ukrainian Tax & Customs Authorities. • Developing processes and reporting in line with Apple’s continuing growth and product evolution. • Gaining a thorough understanding of the processes and systems to isolate potential opportunities for automation and efficiency. • Business Partnering on Indirect Tax Compliance issues and projects with various teams within Apple. • Gaining a thorough understanding of the Apple Supply Chain as it pertains to Indirect Tax Compliance.
Education & Experience
Accounting or tax qualification an advantage but not essential. Systems (Excel, SAP/other ERP) and projects experience are important.