CAD Engineer – AMS (Analog Mixed Signal) Simulation Flow & Methodology Engineer
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Do you love building elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chips (SoCs). You will ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you will be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. As a member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop, maintain and enhance AMS (Analog/Mixed-Signal) simulation methodology and solutions for our analog, RF, and mixed-signal designs. The role requires you to work with different technology nodes and provide flows/methodologies for the different tool sets. You will be collaborating closely with design teams. You will drive and coordinate efforts to develop and validate AMS/co-simulation flows, providing ease of use, speed design validation, and ensuring functional silicon.
- Proficient in using industry-standard mixed-signal simulation tools, including Cadence - Xcelium (Incisive), SimVision, AMS Designer; Synopsys - VCS, Verdi; Mentor – Symphony, Questa
- Familiarity with industry-standard analog simulation tools, including Cadence Spectre, Synopsys CustomSim (XA)/HSPICE/Finesim, Mentor AFS.
- The ability to solve simulation accuracy, speed, and capacity issues
- Strong understanding of behavioral and functional circuit description languages, including SystemVerilog, VerilogA, Verilog, Verilog-AMS, VHDL
- Experience with AMS techniques - Techniques: Discipline resolution, binding, IE setup, Connect Modules, AMSD block, wreal, TCL probes, real number modeling, UDNs, etc.
- Understanding of custom IC designs and transistor description formats, SPICE, DSPF, etc., and functional modeling
- Programming skills, mainly in Perl, Python, TCL, SKILL, and Shell
- Knowledge of Virtuoso Schematic Editor, PDK, CDF, Callbacks, Netlisting, Virtuoso
- Virtuoso Analog Design Environment (ADE-Explorer/Assembler/L/XL/GXL) is desirable
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate well with cross-functional teams
- Drive the direction and development of a state-of-the-art mixed-signal simulation flow for use across many different technology nodes and circuit and IC types - Work directly with world-class custom/transistor-level circuit designs and designers to ensure expected behavior and interface with digital/SOC blocks - Develop internal solutions to automate setup and execution of AMS simulations - Work with 3rd-party EDA tool vendors to ensure tools meet high quality and performance standards - Solve AMS simulation and modeling issues creatively to continuously improve design execution - Understand and address challenges in bridging the gap between analog and digital domains
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical field is required