Modem System Test Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Eco-Systems (WTE) organization and be part of an outstanding team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enriches peoples' lives and deliver the best user-experience. Our team is looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Multifaceted, encouraging and innovative people who build industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you!
- - 5+ years hands on experience in Wireless System Testing, Certification, IOT and/or Cellular System Performance.
- - Solid understanding and experience of 5G NR Phy/MAC and higher layer control and user planes
- - Experience in defining, developing and validating cellular modem system test cases for mobile devices using popular test development platforms.
- - Good understanding of mmWave challenges and 5G Standalone protocol
- - Solid understanding of 3GPP specifications (LTE & NR Air Interface, PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC, PDCP and NAS layer).
- - Broad spectrum of knowledge and understanding of the end-to-end wireless system architecture from wireless physical layer all the way to application layer.
- - Consistent track record to independently lead a complete area of technology and drive product quality working with multi-functional teams.
- - Attention to the smallest details that are significant to customers
- - Excellent Knowledge & Experience in Automation and Scripting skills using Python
We expect you to be hands-on relying upon diagnostics, analytics, lab/field experimentations as well as code/architecture review to exploit the opportunities for improvement and work multi-functionally with platform architecture, standardization, firmware/protocol development, system test & carrier engineering teams to drive the improvement proposals and baseband optimizations. Our members enjoy the flexibility to be involved in all aspects of Protocol software - PHY, RF, SIM, NAS, AS, IP, TCP/UDP and iOS interfaces, to ensure the most robust and customer friendly software. If you are passionate about cellular technologies, then we are looking for you! As part of this team you'll be impacting iPhone user experience in 100+ countries by engaging in continuous process improvements for a well tested and robust software. This position involves defining and developing new test scenarios to exercise different aspect of 4G/5G cellular modem, executing tests, analyzing results and failures and identifying issues and optimizations to improve user experience.
Education & Experience
Bachelors/Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience