SoC debug tools developer
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Apple’s Silicon Validation team drives validation, characterization and debug of Apple products. Our team consists of very talented engineers who have vast knowledge on both SW and SoC validation. We are searching for an engineer with a background in Design For Debug (DFD) to develop our rapidly evolving silicon debug tools and flows. In this unique position, you will utilize your knowledge and skills to build and support debug tools that will serve Apple’s entire products spectrum.
- Familiarity with the post-Silicon Validation world, test plan execution and silicon debug activities.
- Ability to work with SoC Design, architecture and validation teams in order to drive tasks to closure.
- Experience in developing automated validation environment
- Knowledge in one or more scripting languages (Python/Perl/Tcl)
- Strong problem solving and cross-functional skills
- Willingness to collaborate with globally positioned teams.
- Experience in developing SoC debug tools and flows (Trace/Trigger/Scan).
- Familiarity with pre-silicon validation environments (FPGA and simulation).
As a debug tools hardware engineer you will be building silicon debug tools focused on physical data extraction, collation, visualization and analysis. You will be well familiar with the SoC functionality, as well as the DFD architecture, tools and methodologies. You will devlop flows which configure and utilize the DFD HW features to extract the internal states of the SoC in various debug scenarios. You will work with SW developers to present and visulaize the debug data in a human friendly format which allow debuggers understand the internal state of the SoC. You will participate in silicon debug tasks. Tools you develop and support will directly contribute to rapid targeted debug and triage.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Emgineering or equivalent with 3+ years of relevant work experience is required.