Sr. CAD Engineer – Timing for Transistor-Level Flows & Methodologies
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Do you love building elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions! Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this role you will be responsible for defining, implementing, and supporting the methodologies, flows, and tools necessary to verify transistor-level circuits in the areas of timing, signal integrity and circuit verification. You will work very closely with digital and analog designers to ensure that their designs meet functionality, timing, electrical, power, and signal integrity goals.
- Experience in timing, STA, CAD/methodology, etc.
- Proficiency in STA and methodologies for timing closure, signal integrity analysis, cross-talk, and OCV (AOCV, POCV) effects, etc.
- Proficiency in formal/functional/logic-to-circuit equivalence checking (FEC) techniques and implementation a plus
- Experience with transistor-level tools such as NanoTime, PathMill, ESP-CV (Verilog to Spice equivalence checking), LEC, HSPICE
- Familiar with digital custom circuit designs including dynamic circuit techniques and memories as well as SPICE models and netlists
- Programming in Perl, TCL, or similar language
- Good communicator who can accurately describe issues and follow them through to completion
-Work with design teams to understand and debug tool issues and constraints. -Create/maintain flows, scripts and methodologies for transistor level analysis. -Work closely with design teams and CAD to drive timing, power, signal integrity, and functional verification closure efforts. -Deep analysis of timing paths to identify key issues. -Create documentation and help with guidelines/specs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Masters degree in a technical field is required