Surface Finishing Development - SME
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Operations and Supply Chain
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here.
- 5+ years of experience in development of surface finishing processes for mechanical components, preferably in a hands-on role with cosmetic enclosures or functional parts
- Ability to plan, implement, and present results from investigations using statistical analysis as well as technical judgment
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis and design of experiments
- Ability to perform gap analysis and communicate cross functionally
- Solid understanding of mechanical properties of materials as they relate to manufacturing requirements
- Solid understanding of chemical principles and hazards of chemicals as they relate to manufacturing requirements.
- Ability to reconcile DFM feedback with design goals.
- Good communication skills; Fluent in english (written and verbal) with ability to discuss technical matters
Lead Surface Finishing projects for developing and implementing processes that create cosmetic and functional surfaces for Apple’s innovative designs Manage actions at supplier to complete programs within the given schedule Present analysis to key decision makers that will be used to make commercial and design commitments Source, develop and interact continuously with key suppliers for processes and equipment Periodically review status of initiatives, prepare status keynotes Support Apple’s surface finishing Innovation initiatives Maintain solid understanding of key process drivers and become technical resource for project & vendor teams Drive failure analysis studies to drive confident solutions to technical issues Periodic domestic and overseas travel encouraged
Education & Experience
BS/MS in engineering (mechanical, industrial, chemical engineering, materials science, or equivalent)
- Desired Attributes:
- Specific experience in implementing polishing and anodizing and / or electroplating processes in a high volume environment.
- Chemical Mass production experience
- Previous equipment selection and implementation experience
- Experience using sophisticated analytical tools to characterise and resolve complex technical issues
- Solid understanding of statistical DOE principles
- Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent