Product Owner - Content Systems
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here! Apple Online Support helps customers get the most out of their Apple products and services by providing access to support resources from an entire community of Apple product users and enthusiasts. The successful candidate will work closely with engineering, QA, UX, and business teams to deliver highly available, impactful next generation web authoring and digital asset management systems tailored to suit our business needs.
- 7+ years in software product management, release planning, product owner role and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience in delivering products from concept to commit by partnering with Business collaborators.
- Experience in defining short-term (quarterly) as well as long-term product roadmaps and proposing new product markets for the organization to venture in.
- Experience in setting the product strategy, plan, prioritize and deliver products as per specifications.
- Experience in breaking down high-level features into tactical user-stories and assigning and supervising them across multiple organizations.
- Strong ability to identify and resolve cross-project interdependencies.
- Performing incremental and iterative product development, which can react very quickly to the market environment preferably using Agile methodology.
- Should have the expertise in understanding and implementation of software development lifecycle.
- Good to have knowledge on Web content Publishing and Digital asset Management Systems.
- Extensive experience managing competing and changing priorities.
- Experience in working with Remote Business/Leadership teams.
- Experience in managing the Quality team work by guiding them with Test Scenarios, Test planning and Test execution.
- Ability to understand the solutions proposed by Engineering teams through advanced technical software development knowledge.
Product leader responsible for managing and delivering a world-class experience to Apple’s internal customers. Your primary responsibilities include developing internal-facing tools that support knowledge base, web content publishing that enable Apple’s Web and Content Management team deliver a world-class experience. You will apply agile scrum methodology, develop user stories and acceptance criteria, refine product backlog, and advocate for end-user and business needs. A great teammate who can effectively negotiate and influence at all levels. You drive the product roadmap and empower the multi-functional teams to deliver products with high quality. You enjoy working with a distributed team of non-technical and technical specialists. When challenges arise, you thrive in identifying creative and unique solutions. You seek customer feedback and excel in using data to help make complicated prioritization decisions. Enjoy technical conversations with engineers and also comfortable presenting in front of senior leaders. You understand the high-profile nature of Apple’s business, and are willing to apply your experience in a way that meets Apple’s meticulous standards for design, brand integrity, and customer privacy. RESPONSIBILITIES: - Manager enhancement requests and feature prioritization. Responsible for the on-schedule delivery of new features, bug fixes, and enhancements for Apple Content Systems. Balance trade-offs between time and scope while meeting business objectives. - We engage with business partners to seek clarification and reproduce issues to support a timely and appropriate prioritization. Facilitate effective communication between business and engineering teams to get tasks to completion and issues resolved. Owner of the product backlog including refinement and grooming. Document clear acceptance criteria. Coordinate UAT to ensure development is consistent with business requests. - We work with business partners to supervise overall health of the content platform. Negotiate business team performance, advise engineering team of issues and drive resolutions in a timely manner. Influence engineering resources and prioritization to respond to ever changing business needs.
Education & Experience
MBA with a computer science bachelors degree Master in Computer Science with bachelors in Business Administration.