Sr. Data Engineer, Apple Cloud Services (Multiple US Locations)
Software and Services
Would you like to drive the future of Apple’s products, applications, and platform while having the unique opportunity to impact some of the most far-reaching software applications in the world? **We are hiring in Seattle, LA, Bay Area, NYC and Austin** Apple Cloud Services Data organization enables to ship better products for iCloud users to access all their content across apps (Photos, Mail, Messages, FaceTime, Calendar etc) from all of their devices all the time by providing consistent, scalable, timely, accurate, complete and fully integrated data infrastructure and capabilities to accurately surface relevant information If this excites you and you are energized by solving hard, high-leverage problems at scale, we'd love to hear from you! We’re looking for exceptional data engineers who have a strong background in distributed data processing, have great and demonstrable data intuition, and share our passion for continuously improving the ways we use data to make the Apple’s products, applications, and platform better.
- 8+ years of experience working with Spark and other distributed data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Presto, Flink, Druid) for building efficient & large scale data pipelines.
- Highly proficient in at least one of Java, Python or Scala
- Deep expertise in Data Principles, Data Architecture & Data Modeling
- Understand the Data Lifecycle and concepts such as lineage, governance, privacy, retention, anonymity, etc
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional, and/or cross-business projects
- Strong communication and collaboration skills & ability to lead high-level discussions on technology strategy and approach
- Conceptually familiar with AWS cloud resources (S3, EC2, RDS etc)
- Who are you:
- You are tenacious, relentless and determined
- You are curious: always learning new technologies, rapidly synthesizing new information, and understanding “the why” before “the what.”
- You excel at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into scalable data solutions
- You are excited about demonstrating excellence, and learning new technologies and frameworks
What you will do: * Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable data pipelines to process structured and unstructured data * Own and evolve extremely rich datasets on Apple cloud products and platform interactions to power a wide variety of use cases * Build forward-looking data solutions that interface well with existing systems and use judgement to bring cutting edge technologies in the industry to suit Apple Cloud Services needs. * Understand how key technical decisions will drive business outcomes and deliver/aid data frameworks and platforms that improve delivery with high-quality to those outcomes by partnering with cross functional teams. * Join a stunning team of data experts with diverse skill set, and deliver excellent solutions that better enable our decision-making process
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or or equivalent work experience in data engineering.