Senior Big Data Platform Engineer
Beijing, Beijing, China
Machine Learning and AI
At Apple, we believe in hard work, a fun environment, and the creativity and innovation that only comes about when hardworking people from diverse backgrounds approach problems from varying perspectives The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Building this environment starts with YOU! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This is a visible and important role at Apple in China and will have great impact on Sales Team. The individual in this role will be responsible for interpreting quantitative data and developing statistical models to forecast and monitor sales demand & supply for sales analytics team.
- 3+ years of related hands-on data modeling and data engineering experience.
- Strong expertise in Big data Platform development in Public Cloud (such as AWS, GCP, Ali Cloud, Tencent Cloud, etc.)
- Experience in scheduling system development, deployment, and tuning (such as Airflow, etc)
- Familiar with the Hadoop ecosystem, including Hive, Spark and customize at least one system at code-level
- Familiar with using infrastructure-as-code(IAC) and configuration management tools such as Terraform.
- Database design and development experience with relational and non-relational DB.
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
You will design and build data warehouses on cloud, to provide efficient analytical and reporting capabilities across Apple’s global and regional sales and finance teams. You will develop highly scalable data pipelines to load data from various source systems, use Apache Airflow to orchestrate, schedule and monitor the workflows. Build generic and reusable solutions meeting data warehousing design standards for complex business requirements. You will be required to understand existing solutions, fine-tune them and support them as needed. Data quality is our goal and we expect you to meet our high standards on data and software quality. We are a rapidly growing team with plenty of interesting technical and business challenges to solve.We seek a self starter, who is willing to learn fast, adapt well to changing requirements and work with cross functional teams.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Engineering/ Computer Science