AI/ML - Software Engineer, Information Intelligence
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Information Intelligence team is creating groundbreaking technology for machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence! The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people are connected to the information they are looking for through their computers and mobile devices! Our technology powers features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of user inputs per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every day.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Can write clean and effective code following software engineering best practices
- Appetite to dig into data/logs and features to determine why something does not work as expected
- 5+ years experience developing ranking and NLP features which runs in containerized (Kubernetes/Mesos/Borg) environment a plus
- Fundamental understanding of large scale data processing, machine learning, and algorithm design.
Design and build infrastructures to support features that empowers billions of Siri, Spotlight, and Safari users. Perform language processing, statistical analysis, and user intent analysis to support your hypothesis for how to improve product-outcomes. Leverage proprietary MapReduce platform to process web scale data to deliver product features and improvements. Design & run/deploy various metrics and evaluations of features/improvements using a variety of tools like grading, logs processing, pre-launch and holdback A/Bs. Present results of analysis to team and leadership across Apple.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field, or equivalent proven experience. Masters/PhD preferred.