Platform Security Architecture Engineering Program Manager
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, resourceful people and inspiring innovative technologies are the norms here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Are you a leader? Do you want to apply your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate optimally? Can you deliver results while running a complex schedule? As a Platform Architecture Security Engineering Program Manager within the Hardware Technology team, you will lead security-focused programs and features for Apple products, silicon, services and a wide variety of multi-functional security initiatives.
- Relevant experience in High Tech and/or Product Security
- Proven Technical Program Management / Engineering Management experience.
- Consistent track record of delivering security-focused features while working on end-to-end solutions with SW, Systems, Business/Factory Operations, Server, and Field Repair/Customer Care (e.g. AppleCare).
- Ability to facilitate development/design conversations with multiple engineering team members, document decisions/opens, and drive closure in a timely manner.
- Ability to build both a high-level program plan, as well as a detailed micro-schedule; and to drive each accordingly
- Demonstrated success in driving multi-functional alignment, and being a change agent where vital
- Outstanding documentation and self-organization; driving action item follow-up to ensure program momentum is maintained.
- Self-motivated and upbeat to mitigate program risks, close opens, and unblock critical path issues at the program level (including escalations of resource priorities).
- Leadership capabilities in being able to connect team members across an organization, and experience speaking publicly to Sr Management/Executives.
- Consistent track record of handling and leading through ambiguity.
- Ability to influence without authority, including the ability to influence Sr Management and multi-functional leadership
- Showed strength in applying breadth and depth across multiple technical fields, as well as a validated capacity to pick up sophisticated new topics quickly.
- Absolute clarity in communication, including the ability to craft a compelling narrative around sophisticated topics
- Familiarity with Product Fraud, Tampering, and Repair; including a basic understanding of future legislative initiatives such as Right-to-Repair.
- Familiarity with security concepts and architectures (e.g. encryption vs. signing vs. attestation, knowledge of various security architectures such as HW vs. SW key protection, secure boot technologies, and/or secure cloud storage platforms).
We are looking for a dedicated Engineering Program Manager or a technical leader who is passionate about getting into program management and encouraging the team to collaborate and deliver innovative designs within schedule constraints. The ideal candidate needs to be able to dig into sophisticated technical topics while balancing the strategic needs of the project and the tradeoffs involved in technology development. Work with Platform Architecture teams to define engineering plans and align technology development to meet Apple’s product priorities. Drive new Platform Architecture initiatives by collaborating with hardware, software, server, operations, and AppleCare. Implement a wide range of security-focused initiatives across Apple’s product family to maintain and strengthen Apple's leadership in product integrity and user data privacy.
Education & Experience
BS + 10 years of relevant experience