Artist and Label Relation Manager, Apple Music
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
At Apple Music, we’re profoundly passionate about music. It’s a force that’s driven and inspired us from day one. So we’ve set out to make it better. To bring you more music than ever with access to millions of songs. To give you personal recommendations from people who know and love music. To deepen the connection between artists and fans. To revamp radio with expertly crafted on-demand radio stations. That is Apple Music. We are seeking an experienced individual who lives and breathes Greater China music to join our Apple Music team based in Beijing, China. We are looking for someone knowledgeable and passionate about artists and music from across Greater China with a strong network of contacts across the label, artist, manager, and music streaming platform. This is a fascinating position in a fast-growing region.
- Outstanding understanding of the dynamics of the Greater China music industry, including competitive DSPs and music monetization.
- A natural networker who can build strong ties with partners related to music monetization, including artists, labels, distributors, performance agents, major video platforms and social media platforms across Greater China.
- Outstanding understanding of driving subscriber growth, high sensitivity to music monetization data.
- Consistent track record of successful business growth and business negotiation with internal and external partners.
- Well organized, dedicated, and able to prioritize different responsibilities, tasks, and schedules.
- Outstanding ability to develop great presentations and present them to different audiences with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent integrity, a sense of humor, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Work with major and indie labels, artists, distributors, and partners related to music monetization to help them succeed on Apple Music in Greater China. - Take ownership of driving Apple Music subscriber growth in Greater China by creating and executing data-driven business strategies and new initiatives. - Initiate successful promotional campaigns around releases, and help partners related to music industry understand and improve opportunities across the Apple ecosystem. - Analyze service performance and create locally relevant initiatives to enhance regional development. - Identify, understand, and communicate the Great China market trends, music monetization developments, needs, and opportunities for Apple Music to our regional and international teams. - Support and educate key partners on Apple Music’s tools. - Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders: Music Editorial, Operations, Marketing, etc. - Fluent English and Mandarin is required.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in a relevant field is desirable, MBA is preferred, but candidates from all educational backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all company levels. We also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education, and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.