Apps Business Manager Lead, App Store
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's App Store is the world's largest and most innovative mobile application store, serving more than half a billion customers every week. Since the App Store launched in 2008, it has changed the way we all live; it has enabled countless new companies, spawned new industries, and created millions of jobs. It has also paid out over $120 billion to developers worldwide, rewarding millions of developers for their hard work and creativity. But we believe weʼre just getting started. We are seeking a business leader who is hardworking, data-driven, results-oriented to lead the Apps Business Management team for the App Store. In this role, you will use your critical-thinking skills, industry experience, and strategy thinking to help app developers grow their businesses on the App Store and grow the app ecosystem.
- The position requires a self motivated, highly adaptable individual who is able to work under pressure and provide excellent leadership to the app business management team.
- Excellent integrity and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant industry work experience in business development, management consulting, strategy and planning within the mobile internet industry, digital content, or gaming.
- Ability to prioritize and scale revenue-driving efforts, use data, analytics, and financial models to tell the story internally and externally.
- Solid track record of successful project management and business negotiation, working across functions to achieve goals.
- Deep curiosity about the mobile apps ecosystem with fluency in standard business models and knowledge of the competitive landscape. Be able to foresee the future business landscape among app developers.
- Expertise in auto-renewing subscriptions, membership programs, and monetization is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned senior manager with a proven leadership record and demonstrable ability to influence across different stakeholders. You will build and manage close relationships with top app partners and help existing partners grow their business on the App Store by providing data-driven actionable business guidance and adoption of new technologies. You will advocate for developer-centric platform improvements based on developer feedback, market research, and internal analysis. You will set a concrete strategy, with clear objectives for each of the team members. Tracking and communicating progress, course correcting actions and coach team members when needed. Drive revenue growth on the App Store by creating and executing data-driven business strategies and new initiatives. Identify new app market trends, business opportunities, and key partners to engage with and develop. Manage day-to-day business relationships with developers, including managing developer roadmaps, significant updates, and new releases. Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders: Apple's Worldwide Developer Relations, Worldwide Product Marketing, App Store, and iTunes teams.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.