CAD Engineer - Infrastructure and Queue Admin
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions! Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices! In this highly visible and cross-functional role as a member of our hardware Infrastructure CAD Team, you will be responsible for supporting best in class tools and platforms to enable Apple designed silicon components for the Silicon Engineering Group. Your role will be varied and challenging with technical areas of responsibility as part of a team of global Queue Admins, co-ordination of compute-farm scheduler/queuing software maintenance and standardization, workload throughput analysis, forecasting of hardware and software needs, and use of advanced software/databases for workload analysis and optimization. Additional responsibilities include working with CAD and Design Team Management to optimize tool-flows and improve scalability and reliability.
- Deep knowledge of server queuing systems (NC, LSF, GE, PBS, Slurm) and tool-flow integration into queuing systems
- Experience co-ordinating a small team of geographically dispersed engineers
- Experience managing and scaling large HPC and/or cloud environments
- Experience driving and presenting web-based reporting and data visualizations (Splunk, Grafana)
- Good knowledge of version control software (GIT, Perforce) and configuration and automation tools (TeamCity, Ansible, Contour)
- Excellent scripting skills in Python, Perl, TCL and Shell/Linux
- Self-driven with ability to handle a high engineering support load and co-ordinate with multiple users and management across multiple teams
- Participate in day-to-day compute cluster administration operations as part of a Global Team of Infrastructure Queue Admins - Administer and support compute-farm scheduler/queuing software for multiple Design Teams across multiple sites and time zones - Pro-actively support project schedules and deadlines to ensure successful execution of design workloads - Triage and troubleshoot user issues related to job submissions and running workloads - Automate and optimize compute-farm queue configurations - Improve scheduler integration with tool-flows and workload test suites - Plan, communicate, review and update allocation of compute resources across multiple Design Teams - Work with EDA vendors to improve scheduler efficiency and job license/resource utilization - Develop and maintain scripts, software, automation and processes for infrastructure support and scalability
Education & Experience
Minimum requirements of BS + 10 years of industry experience.