Module Supply Quality Engineer
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! In this highly transparent role, you will have the chance to create a significant impact on Apple Products and leave a footprint for years to come. We have an opportunity for an accomplished quality engineer to lead development, and ramp for a next generation Apple product.
- Proven experience in quality management or process development of mechanical, electronic products/components
- Knowledge of quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations. An area of expertise such as a specific process, material or industry is key to show depth of knowledge base. Strong technical skills, i.e. problem solving, issue root causing, analytical skills.
- Project management experience and a deep understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical analysis/process control principles preferred.
- Should be a self-starter, and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- Experience working with international OEM partners.
- Willing to travel domestically to vendor sites.
You will partner with multi-functional teams to evaluate design and processes at the concept phase Develop measurement technologies, control strategies, information systems, and manufacturing methods that achieve drawing specifications at mass production scale You will develop and implement groundbreaking quality inspection tools to evaluate cosmetic and dimensional part characteristics Compile and evaluate data to settle appropriate limits and variables for process and part specifications Lead activities to balance unparalleled quality with scalable yields You will collaborate with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product Coordinate all Quality Engineering functions for a program, serving as project manager to lead efforts at supplier locations Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure consistency to Apple quality standards Evaluate and communicate yields of new and existing processes Drive corrective actions multi-functionally with internal and external team members
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Electro-mechanical or Mechanical Engineering.