SW Engineer - Tools and Automation
Prague, Bohemia, Czechia
The goal of our team is to ensure algorithms for various sensors in Apple’s input devices perform at the highest possible level of quality. We are looking for an ambitious software engineer with strong programming skills, experience with automation of complex systems and an ability to work in a highly collaborative environment. As a part of the Human Interface Devices organization at Apple, we get to work closely with hardware teams and tackle many different challenges around devices with embedded sensors and sensing firmware & software (e.g. biometrics, health, input sensing areas). This is a unique opportunity to live in the center of Europe while working on the best technologies. The team you would be joining consists of exceptionally talented engineers and is meeting in a beautiful office in the city center of Prague.
- High proficiency in Python (2+ years full-time experience)
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Ability to design and develop tools/automation frameworks closely related sensing algorithms
- Familiar with data cleansing and parsing
- Creative, quality driven, detail oriented, with excellent communication skills (fluent English)
- Sharp, critical thinking, high adaptability and a solid sense of ownership.
You will join a QE team that plays a key role delivering seamless Touch ID experience to users all around the globe. In this position, you will be responsible for: - Partnering with a silicon design, SW and FW development teams - Building and maintaining test frameworks, tools and automated scripts - Executing manual and automated test plans on early prototypes - Coming up with ideas for custom tools and methods to evaluate performance of algorithms - Tracking performance, reporting results to management, driving issues to closure
Education & Experience
BSc/Bc or MS/Ing in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Programming or equivalent industry experience Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- - Testing automation using Python
- - Algorithm analysis and validation
- - Experience with HW testing
- - Experience with data visualization software (e.g. Splunk, Tableau, Matplotlib)