SR. DATA SCIENTIST - MARKETPLACE, APPLE AD PLATFORMS
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
At Apple, we believe in the power of technology to enrich people's lives. Everything we build is designed to empower people, including our advertising platform. We deliver ads in a way that benefits both consumers and advertisers — helping people discover content, supporting creators, and protecting and respecting everyone’s privacy. Our technology makes advertising possible on the App Store, Apple News, Stocks, and Apple TV. We help developers and marketers of all sizes drive app discovery across the App Store. Our display ads on Apple News and Stocks let advertisers promote their products alongside trusted content in a brand-safe environment, while supporting publishers and journalists. Sponsorship integrations and experiences in live sports on Apple TV help advertisers connect with captivated audiences. Everything we do is with the unwavering commitment to privacy you expect from Apple. Because when advertising is done right, it benefits everyone. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Ad Platforms Data Insights team is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join in developing the next generation of analytical solutions in collaboration with Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance. In this role you will work as a key member of a data-centric team to drive the exploration, analysis, development, execution, and measurement solutions that are crucial to running and growing the ads marketplace. Responsibilities include turning the huge amounts of data generated by user searches, app content, and App Store context into business insights that improve the customer experience for the end-user as well as drive discovery and efficiency for app developers. This role requires both a broad knowledge of statistics and creativity to invent and customize when vital. You'll dig in and get into the details. The theory behind the techniques are just the beginning. You'll be working on projects where practical applications of these approaches get applied in real-world scenarios. Successful analytics teams involve data scientists and data engineers working hand in hand to build insightful and efficient solutions. In your role, you will be a key player in a multi-functional team that delivers insights that have direct and measurable impact. We're looking for an inquisitive, collaborative, and passionate person to join this amazing team.
- Programming skills in Python and SQL, and familiarity with machine learning, statistical and causal inferences packages such as scikit-learn, xgboost, PyTorch, SciPy, and CausalImpact is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in applying statistics and machine learning to generate clear actionable insights
- Comfortable with a variety of data stores such as Hadoop, and Snowflake, familiar with distributed analytics engines such as Spark/PySpark. Familiarity with job orchestration frameworks such as Airflow is a plus.
- Possess exceptional communication skills to communicate analyses in a clear and effective manner to technical audience and executive leadership.
- Ability to partner with engineering, meet the data needs of the business, finding creative analytical solutions and develop initial prototypes to address messy business problems.
- Ability to operate comfortably and successfully in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to build visualizations and enable broader consumption of insights and tools for investigations.
- Experience in mobile advertising industry or a related field is a big plus
Support Marketplace Product, Engineering, and the Executive Team with analyses to improve product performance, deepen customer insight and deliver business impact. Empower the product and algorithm engineering team with insights to advise and fulfill their strategic objectives and goals Quantify the impact of marketplace initiatives on advertiser impact, and business performance Design experiments that help define opportunities for pricing, matching, and prediction models leading to improved marketplace performance, and positive advertiser impact Supervise usage metrics and provide business-based explanations for large scale trends and patterns in advertiser lifecycle behavior Develop reusable models and data products working closely with Data Engineering team to ensure scalability of models and products in production Lead business analytics projects through all phases, including defining investigations, exploring data, conducting analysis, interpreting, and communicating results for customers
Education & Experience
Background in computer science, mathematics, or similar quantitative field with a minimum of 6 years professional experience. Graduate degrees in these fields a plus.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in significant ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple dedicated to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.