WebKit Web Platform Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Safari and WebKit team is responsible for Safari, the world’s fastest web browser. WebKit is also the name of the Open Source iOS and macOS framework that powers Mail, iBooks, and many other applications. As an engineer on the WebKit team you will be responsible for expanding WebKit’s support for new web standards features, as well as addressing compatibility and performance issues in Safari and WebKit. We are seeking someone who is comfortable working in an exciting environment with rapidly changing priorities, and someone creative and inspired to invent new ways to analyze and build better products.
- * Strong skills in a manual memory management (e.g., pointer-based) language such as C/C++/Objective C.
- * Must be comfortable working in a large C++ code base.
* You will be responsible for expanding WebKit’s support for important new web technologies, as well as identifying and addressing cases where Safari fails to properly display and execute web content. Specific job duties will include: * Bringing WebKit to exotic new platforms. * Implementing new web engine features. * Reading and understanding web standards specifications. * Creating demos and test cases for new and existing web technologies. * Analyzing web pages to create reduced test cases for compatibility problems. * Narrowing down bugs reported in WebKit applications. * Interacting with developers on the Open Source WebKit project. * We want web content to work as well on Apple’s products as it does anywhere else. You can be a key part of helping Apple provide the highest quality experience interacting with web content across our entire product line.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Objective-C, Swift, and Xcode.
- Basic Python programming skills to maintain and expand developer tools and test infrastructure.
- Experience with open source projects and source control, including svn and git