Siri - Productivity Tools Full Stack Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Play a leading part in revolutionizing how people use their computers and mobile devices. The Siri Search team is creating groundbreaking technology for knowledge graphing and algorithmic search using machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. Work with top tier engineering and product teams to serve over 1 billion customers. The Siri team is looking for an exceptional full stack engineer to work on tools and services that help us to drive the execution for the entire Siri team. The tools you will work on touch every critical team at Apple. Rapidly produce a broad range of high impacts products from executive summaries, engineering dashboards, chat bots to help share information, and anything that can further accelerate innovation in Siri. Your role is high impact and essential to creating the highest quality user experience that Apple customers expect and love.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years owning application development end-to-end.
- Experience designing and implementing logical REST APIs, especially exposing JSON/JSONP endpoints.
- RDBM experience with MySQL (PostgreSQL/pgSQL a bonus!).
- Capable of building original visualizations on high dimensional data.
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self starter capable of defining and forging a path to success.
Build critical Siri tools and applications end-to-end. Work with product management and engineering to gather requirement and build MVP products. Rapidly iterate on products based on user feedback to produce the highest impact possible. Understand our key processes, and help to improve and automate them. Innovate and be a leader in finding efficiency in tooling design and flow. Make high impact changes that make hundreds of engineers more efficient. Collaborate with tooling engineers across Apple to deliver high impact integrations and that touch all of Apple's major product lines.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field (ideal) or 5+ years experience
- Experience with coffee script.
- Experience with gulp/grunt and other front-end deployment tools.
- Experience with SVG/canvas for visualizing data.
- Experience with using bootstrap markup and CSS.