Swift Compiler Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Swift performance team is looking for exceptional compiler engineers to work on the Swift programming language. You will be focused on enhancing optimizations in the Swift compiler to improve performance. Because our tools are our products, our team has the unique opportunity to improve our development environment daily as we build software for our users. Our team works on projects that may also involve work on the LLVM compiler backend or Swift libraries - experience with compiler development is desirable for this position, but all strong candidates with relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with the Swift or LLVM compilers or other large open-source projects.
- Familiarity with compiler optimizations, code generation and overall design of compilers.
- You have strong C++ coding skills and a passion for writing extraordinary code.
- You've successfully debugged complex, highly scalable, software systems.
- Experience with performance tuning for modern processor architectures.
- Strong track record of building high quality software.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
In this position, you will work on various core components of the LLVM compiler to support new features, fix bugs, and improve optimizations. As part of the Apple Swift team, you will need to have an understanding and appreciation for what it takes to ship a quality compiler. You will also need a keen interest in interacting with and supporting our large and diverse user base. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. Together, our work will be the reason millions of customers feel that they can trust our devices every single day. Imagine what you could do at Apple.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience