Systems Engineer, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Marcom’s Interactive Systems Engineering Team manages applications and infrastructure fueling http://Apple.com, one of the world’s most trafficked websites. As a member of the team, you will design, implement, and maintain services which directly support Apple’s renowned creative team as they reach millions of customers in over 80 countries around the world. In this role, we offer you the opportunity to do the best work of your career, and we expect you to deliver the latest and the greatest technologies in a rapidly changing environment in support of critical marketing projects.
- You run most Linux commands and utilities and have handled Linux (*nix) servers in a production environment.
- You have an understanding of virtualization and containerization as a tool for growing scalability, reliability, and expediency.
- You have a working knowledge of networking (TCP/IP) and the ability to run network services in a *nix environment.
- You have supported an application development team and have made an impact in an enterprise environment.
- You possess hands-on production experience in one of the following areas:
- Centralized configuration management technologies, including Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and so on
- Network-attached storage, specifically using Isilon
- Task scheduling and resource sharing frameworks such as Aurora and Mesos
- DevOps/release engineering automation (for example, Jenkins, SCM, Ansible)
- Virtualization administration (VMware)
- Application performance tuning and optimization
- Scripting skills, including Bash scripting, Python, SQL, and Ruby, and experience with source control systems such as Subversion or Git
- Your dream is to work in a creative, dynamic, and challenging work environment.
Participate in architectural planning discussions to ensure a consistent technology roadmap. Drive systems engineering projects to completion by working closely with technical and business partners. Spearhead the research and implementation of new technologies. Provision and manage Linux virtual machines in a VMware environment. Provide operational support and maintenance for the Marcom Interactive systems environment. Work collaboratively with the Interactive Applications Backend Development team to deploy and run custom applications.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Preferred candidates will have a solid understanding of Apple’s products and business.
- Requires a minimum of 4+ years experience in a complex enterprise or marketing environment.