GPU Driver and Performance Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple’s IMG GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Watch. Combining cutting-edge software frameworks such as Metal with next-generation hardware, GPUSW takes the user experience to the next level.
- leading the development and delivery of performance tests (benchmarks, use-cases, games captures) to the hardware team
- tracking performance expectations from concept to silicon bring-up on a given generation of GPU and tracking performance feature requests on future GPUs
- analyzing and reviewing GPU performance results with stakeholders across GPU SW, platform architecture and hardware teams
- participating in the development and bring-up of the GPU driver on pre-silicon and post-silicon platforms
- triaging and debugging correctness and performance issues with GPU applications including compiler codegen issues
- This role requires a very good understanding of the GPU and SoC architecture, driver and compiler development, and excellent communication skill for cross-functional work.
As a member of the pre-silicon GPU driver team, you will work on the iOS GPU driver for the next generations of Apple's SoCs. This specific pre-silicon performance role will be centered on GPU performance across our generations of GPUs from initial concept and pre-silicon performance sign-off with the hardware team to post-silicon performance analysis during silicon bring-up. This position requires to work closely with the rest of the GPU software organization on our GPU performance requirements and content, including benchmarks, use-cases, and game/App captures. The position also requires to work cross-functionally with Apple's platform architecture and hardware GPU teams during pre-silicon hardware/architecture validation and silicon bring-ups.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.