iOS Display Driver Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s IMG GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Watch. Combining cutting-edge software frameworks such as Metal with next-generation hardware, GPUSW takes the user experience to the next level.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- Development experience on Unix, Linux or macOS
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience using and implementing general operating system concepts
- Knowledge of kernel-mode device driver development.
The GPU Software team within IMG is looking for a top-notch, driven, and dedicated engineer to work on our iOS display driver team. The iOS display driver team delivers production drivers for all of Apple’s existing and future iOS products. The display team is heavily involved in new product development, including software features ranging from UI composition and video playback to various backlight and panel technologies, plus power management, silicon architecture, development and validation. A successful candidate is extremely detail oriented, possessing excellent debug and problem solving skills, and a passion for kernel device drivers and graphics.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree.
- • Knowledge of scaling, filtering and video formats a plus
- • Knowledge or display technology a plus
- • Experience with embedded systems a plus
- • Experience with parallel and asynchronous processing a plus
- • Experience with FPGA and hardware simulators a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.