Cocoa QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Cocoa team designs and implements frameworks which deliver user level features and developer APIs that are essential building blocks used by Apple and third parties to create top-notch applications for the Apple platforms. The team’s deliverables include a wide range of rich functionality in areas such as user interface, text, internationalization, document handling, asset management, data modeling and persistence, concurrency, and operating system interaction. We are looking for critical thinkers with a sharp eye for detail who would like to play a key role in qualifying Cocoa frameworks and helping ensure Apple software is of the highest quality.
- Good understanding of SQA methodologies & practices
- In-depth testing experience at the application and user interface level with Cocoa, Cocoa Touch, Windows, Android, or Java.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Ability and desire to work in a group
As a quality assurance engineer in the Cocoa group, you will work closely with other engineers to establish and verify quality in the framework design, using Xcode, unit tests, integration testing, sample, third party and Apple applications. You will be a part of day-to-day design and implementation discussions for the next versions of macOS and iOS. You will also be installing and using unreleased, cutting-edge, versions of the OS as well as system applications and frameworks.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Nice to have, not required:
- Experience testing object oriented API in a reusable framework
- Fluency in scripting languages such as Python
- Familiarity with Unix, ideally macOS
- Experience with Objective-C and Swift