Lead Wireless Performance Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Eco-Systems (WTE) organization and drive innovation that matters! As part of the Wireless team you we will be working on building solutions for Wireless technologies. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Wireless Performance team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Minimum 5~10 years hands on experience in L1 FW and RF SW development/system engineering
- Deep knowledge of LTE PHY/MAC as well as RF Frontend architecture
- Past work experience in projects involving RF/modem performance and power improvements
- Familiarity with 5G/mmWave is a plus
- Familiarity with 802.11 WLAN protocol and/or LTE-WiFi Coex architecture MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with focus on Wireless Communications Consistent record of project work from concept to commercialization
- Excellent troubleshooting and solutions-oriented.
Wireless Software Performance team is looking for you with deep knowledge on RF SW and L1 FW architecture, primarily focussed on advanced LTE systems including but not limited to 4x4 MIMO, LAA, Carrier Aggregation and beam forming. Familiarity with 5G modem systems/mmWave technology or Advanced WLAN modems is a huge plus. You will be responsible for proposing and driving RF/L1 architectural improvements to the RF/modem solutions for future iPhone, iPad and Watch product lines with emphasis on improving the overall user experience in terms of performance and power (battery life). We expect you to be hands relying upon diagnostics, analytics, crowd sourced information, lab/field experimentations as well as code/architecture review to exploit the opportunities for improvement and work cross functionally with platform architecture, standardization, firmware/protocol development, system test, QA and carrier engineering teams to drive the enhancement proposals from concept to commercialization. You'll be required to develop advanced system evaluation and debugging capabilities on an as needed basis.
Education & Experience
Master/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent majors.
- Excellent teammate with good interpersonal skills and energy with the aim of thriving in a start-up like environment.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, seek to pursue everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are significant to our customers