Mail Frameworks Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Mail Frameworks team is looking for a software engineer to join a team of bright and talented individuals to build the future of e-mail. The Mail Frameworks team is responsible for developing the infrastructure, services, and frameworks primarily supporting the Mail applications on iOS, macOS, as well as other system components that require e-mail functionality. The team is focused on algorithms, data storage, processing, networking, and scalability problems.
- Strong understanding of OOP programming.
- Highly productive, and excitement for working on products with large user bases.
- Attention to detail, and a passion for producing professional code.
- A team player that is able to work very collaboratively.
- Cocoa Touch & Cocoa programming experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of Internet Mail standards (MIME, IMAP, SMTP, POP, etc) is a plus, but not a requirement.
This is a hands-on software engineering role involving engineering of new functionality, as well as re-engineering and improving/maintaining existing functionality. This role will require working at all layers of the application stack to deliver results, and you will have substantial collaboration with other engineers on the team as you tackle complex problems. In addition to a strong focus on performance, scalability, interoperability, and correctness, you will be involved in a highly professional engineering process that results in the production of high-quality, refined, tested, and production-ready code.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, or equivalent. A Master’s or PhD is a plus, but not required.