Applied Machine Learning Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Developer Publications platform team is looking for a Machine Learning engineer to develop models and applications for improving the quantity and quality of developer documentation. You will have experience building well-tested, robust applications and web services that power web and native clients. You will be detail-oriented, dedicated, focused, highly motivated, and have a drive for making high quality tools and processes for Apple platforms. Your responsibilities include: - Crafting and developing powerful and performant tools and services using Swift, Python, and Ruby on Rails. - Architect and implement Machine Learning models for natural language processing and generation. - Design and develop asynchronous workers to process time-consuming tasks. - Fix bugs and improve existing systems with new features. - Communicate with colleagues to inform them of your progress.
- Understanding of modern Machine Learning approaches and methodologies.
- Stellar Object Oriented Development skills
- Superb source management skills with git
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- A drive and passion for collaboration with the team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Self-motivation, independence, and dedication.
You will play a key part in the creation of Apple’s developer documentation which is relied upon by third-party developers of our platforms and technologies. You will move quickly through the various services, solving issues and optimizing processes in our critical distributed system. You are highly motived to build extremely reliable, secure, and performant software. You are an excellent communicator, give and take feedback well, and articulate your ideas clearly. You don’t just hack something together, but thoughtfully craft polished features. Testing is your norm, not an afterthought. You keep your bugs up-to-date and deliver your projects on time.You aren’t afraid to offer new suggestions in terms of process or technology choice.
Education & Experience
- Relevant degree or experience
- PREFERRED SKILLS:
- - Full-Stack Knowledge
- - Understanding of relational databases as well as NoSQL data stores
- - Proven Project Management Skills
- - Experience with Swift and/or Objective-C
- - Experience running Linux web servers