Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Developer Publication platform team is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails engineer that loves the challenge of crafting outstanding n-tier applications. You will have experience building well-tested, robust REST web services that power web and native clients. You will be detail-oriented, dedicated, focused, highly motivated, and have a drive for making it as easy as possible for developers to adopt new technologies quickly, and build the best apps for Apple platforms. Your responsibilities include: - Crafting and developing powerful and performant REST web services using Ruby on Rails - Architect and implement critical publication systems - Design and develop asynchronous workers to process time-consuming tasks. - Fix bugs and improve existing services with new features. - Communicate with colleagues to inform them of your progress.
- Stellar Object Oriented Development skills
- Excellent skills in using Ruby and the Ruby on Rails framework
- Shown experience building critical RESTful services
- You will craft and optimize SQL queries in PostgreSQL
- Superb source management skills with git
- You are detail-oriented with strong organization skills.
- You have a drive and a real passion for collaboration with your team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Self-motivated, independent, and dedicated.
You will play a key part in the creation of Apple’s developer documentation which is relied upon by third-party developers of our platforms and technologies. You will move quickly through the various services, solving issues and optimizing processes in our critical distributed system. You are highly motived to build extremely reliable, secure, and performant software. You are an excellent communicator, give and take feedback well, and articulate your ideas clearly. You don’t just hack something together, but thoughtfully craft polished features. Testing is your norm, not an afterthought. You keep your bugs up-to-date and deliver your projects on time.You aren’t afraid to offer new suggestions in terms of process or technology choice. PREFERRED SKILLS: - Full-Stack Knowledge - Understanding of relational databases as well as NoSQL data stores - Proven Project Management Skills - Experience with Swift and/or Objective-C - Experience running Linux web servers
Education & Experience
- Relevant degree or experience