Acoustic Transducer Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you passionate about audio and care about provided a truly exceptional audio experience for our customers? Apple’s Audio Design & Engineering team is looking for an Acoustic Transducer Design Engineer to build industry leading audio products. You will partner with lead audio/acoustic engineers, mechanical teams, industrial designers and component suppliers to help build our next generation speaker modules.
- You will have a strong background in transducer design, preferably in high-volume consumer electronics environment. Will be fluent in understanding and expressing trade-offs in acoustic transducer design, including enclosure design, cavity sizes and impact of overall product shape on the intended acoustics.
- •+3 years of transducer design experience, single suspension micro speaker design preferred
- •Understanding of Loudspeaker deign methods, materials, and assembly techniques
- •3-D Solid Modeling and Meshing tools
- •Finite Element Method and Boundary Element Method simulation tools for mechanics, acoustics and magnetic circuits
- •Lumped parameter simulation methods and tools, as implemented in either equivalent circuit simulators (PSpice, Micro Cap) or System Dynamics simulators (Simulink)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You will be Responsible for all aspects transducer development which include: •Design and modeling of transducers, including magnet, voice coil, surround, piston and other structural parts, per acoustic design requirements and mechanical system limitations •Demonstrating the impact of cavity shapes on linear and non-linear performance through computer simulation results •Work with mechanical design teams to identify optimal transducer integration methods •Collaboration with high-volume transducer manufacturers, to oversee proper production of transducers per design specification •Auditing product-level final assembly at contract manufacturers, to verify transducers are assembled and tested per specification
Education & Experience
Minimum MS or equivalent required, specializing in audio/acoustics