Senior Software Engineer - Maps Developer Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Maps team is expanding and is developing a world-class developer infrastructure. We need software engineers with a passion for enabling and empowering developers with fast & reliable build infrastructure. The right infrastructure, tooling and process can have an inordinate effect on developer happiness and efficiency. This role requires you to solve difficult problems together with a team of extremely knowledgeable and talented people. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Passionate about Continuous Build, Integration, Test, Deployment, Delivery and the DevOps culture.
- Proficient in Golang and other scripting languages.
- Experience with the internals of Docker Deep understanding of UNIX/Linux.
- You have strong understanding of containers, build systems, and infrastructure automation.
- You are an experienced engineer who is used to challenging the status quo.
This is an exciting role for a software engineer who is comfortable taking ownership of specific solutions we are looking to develop. . Here, you will be hands-on developing the tools that orchestrate containers. These tools will help solve problems regarding everything from providing immutable build infrastructure and CI pipelines, to tooling for distributed C/C+ builds. You will influence and guide the transformation of our software development lifecycle for production services. You'll be part of a team that is responsible for designing and implementing systems, tools and infrastructure to provide the fast and relevant feedback that the developers need. You will enhance/restructure builds to increase the velocity of the build process and improve code sharing capabilities. Communicating with a wide variety of teams you'll gather requirements and build collaboration as well as eliminating road blocks and improving flow from development to production. You'll also provide support to development teams, senior management and QA teams.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS/PHD or relevant industry experience.
- If you have exposure to any of the following, that would be helpful, but not mandatory: Java, C/C++, Ruby, Python Kubernetes, Mesos Github Enterprise, Artifactory, Sonar CCache, distcc Gradle, Pants, CMake, Ninja, Bazel, Bower Chef, Puppet, Ansible Codeship, CircleCI, Wercker, TravisCI.