Siri - Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri team at Apple.
- Experience in one or more programming languages: Java, C, Objective-C Experience in one or more scripting languages such as Python, Awk, Bash Understanding of large scale distributed system architectures
- Big data analytics experience: Hadoop, Pig, Spark, R
- Passion for root-causing performance bottlenecks
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, excellent problem solving ability and critical thinking Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
The Siri team is looking for a talented, broadly-skilled developer who is a creative problem-solver, thrives in a fast-paced environment, can work well across teams and organizations, and has a passion for root-causing performance bottlenecks and designing solutions. We thrive in automation, designing and implementing frameworks and other infrastructure for data analysis, creating tools with elegant and effective user interfaces. Our engineers collaborate with many internal sub-teams, such as engineering, design, QA, operations, and project management, and will be working in a heterogeneous environment. We propose and implement architectural changes- or sometimes just a one-line configuration tweak, thus deep technical capabilities, strong communication skills and a knack to use hard data to triage issues is a must have requirement. If you're interested, you probably are a generalist engineer, defying categorization. Strong programming, excellent problem-solving and communication skills, and a passion to make the best products possible is the key!
Education & Experience
B.S. degree in Computer Science and 3+ years of experience or equivalent
- (Nice to have items)
- - Knowledge of core Linux fundamentals
- - Scripting skills (Python, Bash, Ruby, etc.)
- - Experience with compute containerization (i.e. - Mesos, Docker, schedulers)