iOS Keyboards Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iOS International keyboard and text team is looking for an excellent Automation Engineer to join our efforts in providing the best typing experience possible. The iPhone and iPad keyboards revolutionized the way that people use their mobile devices to communicate, and have redefined the way we all communicate, with billions of messages being sent per day! This is a high visibility, high impact position that requires a breadth of knowledge and deep understanding of Quality Assurance, Automated Testing, and Test Design.
- Training and experience in quality assurance
- Experience with inventing and running automated tests for complex real-world scenarios
- Experience in developing automated test tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with large code bases, fast-paced environments, and tight schedules
As an engineer on our team, you will be creating and using test automation tools to improve the quality of the user’s typing experience. This includes unit and automated testing; anticipating possible problem areas in features and designing, writing, and implementing tests to verify they are working properly. You will also conduct manual root testing, pre-submission testing, and release sign-offs. To continue to delight our global audience, we work closely with international teams and native speakers to accommodate all the world's script systems. Fluency in a non-English language or familiarity with internationalization issues is a big plus!
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in an engineering related discipline, or equivalent related experience.
- - iOS / Obj-C programming experience
- - Experience with Text Input Systems (keyboards, languages, etc)
- - Fluency in one or more non-English languages
- - 5 or more years of industry experience (macOS or iOS preferred)
- - Proficiency to work cross-functionally with minimal supervision