Software Engineer (Location team - special projects)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
As a Software Engineer pursuing special projects within the Location Team, you will be part of an exciting team investigating new technologies and how they can transform the lives of our users. We nurture new ideas from prototype to production, helping to establish hardware requirements and system design, conduct developmental testing, write production software, and track our results relative to physical and theoretical limits. Shape the next generation of location-aware mobile experiences by working on state-of-the-art technologies to seamlessly integrate people’s digital and physical lives. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may be the team for you.
- Strong software generalist and experience with object oriented languages (C++)
- Deep understanding of software design paradigms, and software development best practices
- Strong interest in location and/or RF-related technologies
- Ability to architect and implement software for technology evaluation, prototyping, and production
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Familiarity with basic signal processing techniques a plus (convolution, correlation, Fourier transform, etc.)
- Experience with data analysis and results dashboards a plus
- Knows how to debug complex systems
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- A passion for programming and building things
- iOS, OS X, application, and/or unix system development a plus
Join a team which designs, implements, and powers brand new technologies and services on the world's fastest-growing mobile development platform. We are looking for a highly-motivated and creative Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in computer science to help develop new technologies for special projects on the location services team. Our special projects target innovative new signals and technologies to enhance location-aware user experiences. Architect and implement production software systems for new technologies, fusing them with existing capabilities, and bringing new experiences to our users. Collaborate with developers on other iOS teams to architect the full iOS solution. Design and implement full-stack technologies integrating wireless technologies to solve real-world problems. Participate in brainstorming and evaluating new technologies as iOS continues to evolve.
Education & Experience
Minimum requirements: BS or MS in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field or at least 4 years of equivalent experience.
- Interested in creating new technologies and solving the algorithmic challenges that come with it.
- Desire to be exposed to all aspects of development; prototyping, planning, designing, productizing, launching, and scaling.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and communicate effectively.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.