Sr. Software Engineer, Content Metadata Graph, iTunes Engineering (WA, CA, VA)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iTunes Store is seeking a Software Engineer to provide new tools in order to support its dynamic growth. Join our exciting engineering team that has been leading the digital distribution industry by constantly developing creative features since its launch in April 2003. The position requires someone with all aspects of the software design cycle and has a focus on data modeling and handling large data sets in an inspiring environment.
- Our role requires 5+ years of hands on software engineering experience in a dynamic environment
- You'll have strong development skills in Java, Scala - with a history of architect-level experience.
- Experience crafting and building multi-datacenter distributed systems.
- Experience working with Big Data solutions (e.g. spark, mapreduce, hive, etc.)
- Deep understanding of storage solutions and when to use them (e.g. Graph, Cassandra, Solr, relational database etc.)
- Deep understanding of different data formats (e.g. avro, xml, json, parquet etc) and ETL processes.
- You will understands graph computation, data search and record mapping/matching algorithms.
Our exciting and growing team is looking for a self starting, ambitious individual who is not afraid to question assumptions. You will have excellent written and oral skills. You should have several years of experience developing server-side software using Java. You should also be familiar with Big Data patterns and solutions. You will have the ability to effectively work and communicate technical concepts with all levels of an organization including corporate CTOs, CIOs and Developers.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent.