OS Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
On the Software Data Analysis team, you will drive strategic software direction, resolve issues, and make our outstanding devices even better. The foundation of this team is obtaining quality data and you will be building the OS software that sends data back from our millions of devices running macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS.
- 2+ years of professional experience in C, Objective-C, or C++
- Deep understanding of multi-threaded programming, network, and POSIX/synchronization primitives.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Acute attention to detail.
- Experience in verifying your code by developing and executing manual, automated, and unit test.
- Deep understanding of SQA methodologies & practices.
Your focus will be on building next generation data collection systems to obtain telemetry and data from the operating system for upcoming products and features. Engineering these systems takes a different mindset of scale and volume, and multi-functional systems optimization. Do you love building and engineering data systems? If so, we would like to talk to you!
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- THE FOLLOWING ARE DESIRABLE, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- - Experience with: Git or similar experience with CI systems such as Jenkins or Xcode server
- - Experience in scripting (Python) and QA automation