Modem Firmware Architect- Wireless Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Wireless Technologies and Eco-Systems (WTE) team and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- You have a research and development background in DSP and wireless communication
- Mathematics background in statistical signal processing, estimation and detection and communication systems
- You've worked in Physical layer algorithm design and done simulation development in wireless systems such as LTE/5G, UMTS and WiFi/BT
- You have a keen vision and awareness of new technologies, applications and use cases.
- You are laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- You are skilled at Matlab and C/C++ programming skills
- You worked with version control tools such as (Git, Perforce, ClearCase, SVN)
The Wireless Technologies team is looking for a highly motivated Modem Firmware Architect to help develop our next generation of wireless products. You will work on wireless system architecture and system design. You have a strong theoretical background in signal processing, wireless design, wireless communication. You have simulation experience in studying modem algorithm design trade-offs. You will work on a small team and will engage with standard team, product team, vendors and other engineering disciplines to deliver high performance best in class modem for wireless products. You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD in Wireless Communications or Computer Science