Sr. Product Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love how it feels to create something new? Do you have a passion for understanding how each element of a design affects the experience as a whole? As part of our Human Interface Design group, you’ll help craft the invisible systems that allow customers to intuitively use our products. You and your team will conceptualize, design, and build the user experience for all Apple products, services, and accessories. We’ll provide you with unparalleled levels of opportunity and resources, with the goal of creating products that influence the industry, as well as people’s lives. By constantly focusing on the consumer, you’ll create products that are not only amazing to look at, but also intuitive and useful to billions of people worldwide. Join this team if you’re committed to making each human interaction — visual, audial, and haptic — amazing for our customers.
- Degree in human interaction sociology, psychology, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent
- 4+ years experience designing desktop applications
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Demonstrable fluency with Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Ability to do rapid prototyping in Flash and HTML5
- Complete mastery of MacOS and iOS.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Comfortable working in a loosely structured organization
From brainstorming through implementation, the Sr. Product Designer will work with members of the Applications design team, as well as our engineering, marketing, and QA groups. The candidate has the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions. He or she is an effective diplomat with strong communication and organizational skills who is willing to prove him/herself within a company of talented individuals. The Sr. Product Designer is a key player in determining the future design direction of Apple’s consumer apps. We are looking for a visionary designer who is ready to and capable of taking software design to the next level.
Education & Experience
Degree in human interaction sociology, psychology, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent