macOS Applications (Swift) Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Developer Publications Authoring Tools team is looking for an expert software engineer with a real passion for excellent user experience and design. You will thrive in a small team environment, working together to design, implement, and integrate unit-tested software features into complex macOS applications written in Swift.
- Ability to develop and ship high quality software products on schedule
- Command of Swift and Cocoa technologies
- Experience with Cocoa’s text system on macOS
- Validated understanding of macOS UI/UX principles
- Experience developing networked apps that communicate with remote web services
- Your knowledge of Apple's app testing infrastructure (XCTest, UI Testing, Xcode Server) will be critical to the team.
- Self-motivated and dedicated with shown creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Tight-knit collaboration
- Standout colleague
- You love collaborating with your team.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications.
- Self-motivated, independent, and dedicated.
We are responsible for developing and supporting critical internal software used to produce developer documentation for Apple-ecosystem and Swift developers around the world. This software enables our writers to author highly structured content in an editor that looks and feels like a first-class word processor. You will have an opportunity to have a direct impact on the evolution of our tools and benefit from rewarding and immediate feedback from our on-site and remote users. Your responsibilities as a contributor will include: - Individual and collaborative design of software architectures and user interfaces conforming to Swift and macOS standard methodologies - You will develop tools and features that achieve current and future authoring needs - Debugging and troubleshooting code individually and in collaboration with multi-functional teams, including server-side, front-end, and QA engineers - You will be maintain unit tests, and participating in peer code review for new features and fixes - Communicating goals, achievements, and technical expertise with the team and multi-functional partners through presentation and written media
Education & Experience
- Equivalent experience or relevant degree